Elasticizer Deep-Conditioning Treatment
92% of people agreed their hair felt deeply moisturised after use*
The Elasticizer is our original cult product. We designed it for Audrey Hepburn, to give her that movie star bounce and shine she was missing after weeks of styling on set. It is still our best-selling dry or damaged hair treatment today. Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet and Georgia May Jagger are all converts, and with such advocates, we are confident it will work for you too. You can even use it as an overnight conditioner to treat very dry, brittle or damaged hair, (especially from bleaching & colouring) and as an intensive anti-frizz treatment.
The Elasticizer was the world’s first deep conditioning pre-shampoo mask, and it is full of genuinely effective ingredients like Castor Oil and Hydrolyzed Elastin that rehydrate your hair. It is suitable for all hair types (including Afro-Caribbean, Coarse and Fine) and will give your hair added strength and elasticity to protect it from everyday threats like brushing and heat styling. Plus, it gives you that all-important feel good factor.
If you are going to invest in just one hair care product, our award winning Elasticizer would be it. But you could achieve even better results by adding a Philip Kingsley shampoo and conditioner tailored to your individual hair type. We believe it is the best way to give yourself life changing hair.
Paraben and fragrance free formulation.
And if you want to know the science behind it, here are the key ingredients…
- Hydrolyzed Elastin – a protein that penetrates your hair shaft and increases its elasticity without weighing your hair down. Elasticity is what gives your hair stretch and strength, so it will break less.
- Castor Oil – has the amazing hair health benefit of helping to lock in moisture.
- Olive Oil – high in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids which moisturise and make your hair look shiny and healthy. Not just great for salad dressing.
- Glycerin – this helps your hair to retain moisture, which makes the effects last longer.
But don't just take our word for it, our customers love it too - just read some of their five-star reviews:
- "Leaves me feeling great as my hair always looks and feels fabulous after using."
- "The best product out there for hair that is coloured. Have highly recommended to all my friends. Gives you a new head of hair!
- "Elasticizer is the best thing I have ever put on my hair (recommended some years ago by my hairdresser).
We’re rolling out our new packaging! But whichever packaging you receive in the meantime, rest assured, you’re still receiving life changing hair in a bottle.
* Independent user trials
- Apply before shampooing.
- Dampen your hair with water and liberally apply Elasticizer in sections to your mid-lengths and ends.
- Now cover your hair with a shower cap (It is an interesting look – but trust us, it will be worth it in the end) or your best cosy towel.
- The heat created helps open your hair’s cuticles, so they can properly absorb the nutrients.
- Leave for a minimum of 20 minutes - enough time to enjoy a cup of tea, and maybe a chocolate or two. There is no maximum time, you can even sleep in Elasticizer if you like to multi-task as you dream.
- Rinse thoroughly then shampoo and condition as normal (those with fine hair should shampoo twice).
- Suitable for use on coloured hair.
Note: Do not use Elasticizer 72 hours before or after dying your hair, as it may affect how the colour takes during this period only.
- Philip Kingsley created the world’s first pre-shampoo, deep-conditioning hair treatment, Elasticizer, in 1974, which he formulated personally for one of his most famous clients, Audrey Hepburn
- Along with using Elasticizer, using the right shampoo and conditioner for your individual hair texture is key to getting the best results. Discover the perfect products for your hair texture here
- If you’re suffering from hair breakage and damage, follow these top tips to help keep hair in the best possible condition, and help reduce breakage
We currently send all our parcels via tracked carrier services.
UK orders under £25: £3.95
UK orders £25 and over: FREE
UK Next Working Day Delivery (if ordered before 3pm): £5.99
We ship throughout Europe and Rest of World, find more information. Please note that from 1 January 2021, all orders delivered to the EU will be subject to customs charges upon arrival.
Exchanges or refunds can be arranged for unopened, unused product, if accompanied with original order number / confirmation / invoice, within 28 days.