The Elasticizer is our original cult product. We designed it for Audrey Hepburn, to give her that movie star bounce and shine she was missing after weeks of styling on set. It is still our best seller today. Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet and Georgia May Jagger are all converts, and with such advocates, we are confident it will work for you too.
The Elasticizer was the world’s first deep conditioning pre-shampoo treatment, and it is full of genuinely effective ingredients like Castor Oil and Hydrolyzed Elastin that rehydrate your hair. It is suitable for all hair types (including Afro-Caribbean, Coarse and Fine) and will give your hair added strength and elasticity to protect it from everyday threats like brushing and heat styling. Plus, it gives you that all-important feel good factor.
If you are going to invest in just one product, this would be it. But you could achieve even better results by adding a Philip Kingsley shampoo and conditioner tailored to your individual hair type. We believe it is the best way to give yourself life changing hair.
Paraben and fragrance free formulation.
And if you want to know the science behind it, here are the
• Hydrolyzed Elastin – a protein that penetrates your hair shaft and increases its elasticity without weighing your hair down. Elasticity is what gives your hair stretch and strength, so it will break less.
• Castor Oil – has the amazing hair health benefit of helping to lock in moisture.
• Olive Oil – high in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids which moisturise and make your hair look shiny and healthy. Not just great for salad dressing.
• Glycerin – this helps your hair to retain moisture, which makes the effects last longer.
Trichologist Anabel Kingsley explains
how to use the Elasticizer:
• Apply before shampooing.
• Dampen your hair with water and liberally apply Elasticizer in sections to your mid-lengths and ends.
• Now cover your hair with a shower cap (It is an interesting look – but trust us, it will be worth it in the end) or your best cosy towel.
The heat created helps open your hair’s cuticles, so they can properly absorb the nutrients.
• Leave for a minimum of 20 minutes - enough time to enjoy a cup of tea, and maybe a chocolate or two. There is no maximum time, you can even sleep in Elasticizer if you like to multi-task as you dream.
• Rinse thoroughly then shampoo and condition as normal (those with fine hair should shampoo twice).
• Suitable for use on coloured hair.
Note: Do not use Elasticizer 72 hours before or after dying your hair, as it may affect how the colour takes during this period only.
- Philip Kingsley created the world’s first pre-shampoo, deep-conditioning hair treatment, Elasticizer, in 1974, which he formulated personally for one of his most famous clients, Audrey Hepburn
- Along with using Elasticizer, using the right shampoo and conditioner for your individual hair texture is key to getting the best results. Discover the perfect products for your hair texture here
- If you’re suffering from hair breakage and damage, follow these top tips to help keep hair in the best possible condition, and help reduce breakage
Royal Mail (2-5 working days. Only available on items less than £40) £2.45
Next Day Delivery (Next working day, when ordered before 1pm) £4.95
Due to Royal Mail restrictions, aerosol products can only be shipped via Next Day Delivery
We ship throughout Europe and Rest of World, find more information click here.
Exchanges or refunds can be arranged for unopened, unused product, if accompanied with original order number / confirmation / invoice, within 28 days.