Tips For Applying Elasticizer
Written by Philip Kingsley Trichotherapist, Jennifer Dye
Elasticizer is a strengthening, rejuvenating product which penetrates deeply into the hair. It also restores flexibility and bounce. This is the foundation to healthy, lustrous hair.
For use on short to medium length hair which is chemically damaged, bleached, dyed, straightened, permed or just lacklustre, Elasticizer should be applied in the following way:
- Thoroughly soak the hair.
- Taking a little Elasticizer onto the fingertips, rub your hands together to spread the product evenly.
- Stroke the hands over the hair front to back several times until the hair softens. If the ends of the hair are still dry apply more Elasticizer and work it into the hair thoroughly. Do not rub the product into the scalp, as this is solely for the cosmetics of the hair. It will not damage the skin, it would just be a waste of product!
- Cover the hair with a shower cap or towel and leave it to process for 20-30 minutes or as long as convenient. It will not over process if you leave it on for an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly and use the appropriate Philip Kingsley shampoo and conditioner for your hair type.
If you have fine hair, shampoo Elasticizer out twice and condition as usual.
For hair that is fine to medium textured, but particularly damaged at the ends, apply Elasticizer all over the hair and Elasticizer Extreme to the very ends. It doesn’t weigh the hair down and gives dry ends a much needed boost. In either case, try and use Elasticizer at least once a week for best results.